Health Mate Saunas Reviews From Real Customers (Updated 2023)
With so many infrared sauna options out there, it's not easy to find the differences between them. And, with each brand claiming their own superiority, how do you separate the best from the rest?
As the owner of The Peak Athletics, I've researched extensively and tested nearly every infrared sauna on the market. I’ve personally spoken to the brands, asked tricky questions, and I simply haven't found another brand that offers a better blend of technology, quality, and durability than Health Mate infrared saunas.
At first glance, Health Mate saunas may seem similar to brands like ClearLight, Sunlighten, or Oceanic saunas. They are all low-EMF, full-spectrum and come with all the bells and whistles. But, my friend, the devil is in the details. Let me me tell you why.
1. The crucial factor is the heater technology. Most infrared saunas use standard carbon heaters, which, although functional, do not generate enough heat to create a 'sauna effect'. On a chilly day in a cold room, such a garage, your infrared sauna will not get to 55 degrees and so you won’t sweat. To mitigate this, some brands add additional heaters (and call it “full-spectrum”) which often don’t have the health benefits associated with far infrared heat (which gives deep heat penetration and allows for full absorption by the body).
The Health Mate Tecoloy® heating system is a game changer. It’s powerful enough to warm up the sauna quickly, and make you sweat more, like in a traditional sauna. But at the same time, all the energy is converted into far infrared light, with all the health benefits associated with it. In essence, a Health Mate sauna is an infrared therapy cabin and a powerful sauna all in one.
2. Then there’s the manufacturing process. Health Mate is the only manufacturer that manages the entire production process, from timber through to delivery. This level of control ensures the highest quality.
Most of their competitors use outside manufacturers who make generic models for a wide range of brands. These brands purchase from the manufacturer and then add their brand name. This makes it challenging to maintain the quality of the infrared sauna, as they have no oversight in the manufacturing process.
In fact, most infrared saunas available in the UK are manufactured by three major Chinese companies. There’s nothing explicitly wrong with that, after all, most products are made in China or south east Asia.
But, we’ve heard several complaints regarding the quality of these saunas. Reports of cracking or bending wood, and breakdowns of infrared panels or heaters. That’s a bit of a bummer, especially when you’re making such a big investment.
In contrast, in the 15 years that Health Mate has been selling saunas in the UK, customers have not required a single heater repair. None. Zero heaters have broken down. That’s quality.
3. They are truly easy to set up. Health Mate have designed their saunas for easy assembly. And they are also easy to take apart and move if needed. The design is really clever, with the main power connections located under the bench for easy access.
Most infrared saunas have power connections in the roof, which not only make them more difficult to access, but also limits the reach of the power cable which first has to drop down by 2 metres.
Health Mate saunas, on the other hand, are designed so that you can reach every component from the inside of the sauna. In addition, all the components are modular, so anyone with a screwdriver can replace them.
4. Health Mate is the only brand that offers customers a lifetime warranty on every component of your sauna. If something breaks, it’ll be fixed, no questions asked (and no sneaky caveats getting in the way).
As a UK-based company, Health Mate will fix things quickly if something happens. Other brands, that are based thousands of miles away in Europe, don’t have the capacity to do this. If you need your sauna to get fixed, you should expect an extremely long and tedious process.
5. Health mate has a commitment to sustainability and eco-friendly production. The infrared saunas are crafted with 100% A Grade Canadian Red Wood Cedar. Cheaper woods warp or crack at high temperatures, Red Wood Cedar does not.
This is backed up by Health Mate certification by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) and the Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC). These are environmental bodies that support sustainable forest management in line with the strictest environmental, social and economic requirements.
Health Mate is the only brand recommended by Tony Robbins. Whether you love him or not (like Marmite), Tony Robbins is famous for his excellent physical condition and for his ability to identify the best biohacking tools. In his book, Life Force: How New Breakthroughs in Precision Medicine, a kind of biohacking manual, on page 299, Tony says: “.. regular sauna use can have a profound and powerful impact on your health, your wellbeing and your life span. … I decided to get an infrared sauna, my favourite is Health Mate…”
The guy is 63 years old and can power through a 4-day, 12-hour event like it's a walk in the park. So, it’s fair to say he knows a thing or two about being healthy and using the best products. And he chose Health Mate!
Okay, enough about what I think. How about what our customers think? Below is an archive of Health Mate reviews, from real customers that use it.
Alvaro de Pastors Co-Owner - The Peak Athletics